Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Gynaecology is the care of the female reproductive system including contraception, the investigation and treatment of menstrual problems, infertility, problems relating to the menopause, and disorders such as uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. It also covers early pregnancy problems such as recurrent miscarriage.
We offer one-stop regular outpatient clinics with Consultant Gynaecologists (male and female). Wherever possible, we aim to offer patients the convenience of a one-stop clinic for the investigation and diagnosis of a variety of gynaecological conditions with outpatient clinics supported by our comprehensive range of diagnostic, screening, prenatal, and therapeutic services.
Annual gynaecological check-ups are also available and may include an annual smear test to detect the onset of cervical cancer and/or breast examination and referral for mammography.
What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopy is looking inside the abdomen with a telescope (Laparos = abdomen, Scopy = to have a look). This procedure is used to make a diagnosis but also to carry out several surgical procedures and the common name used for this technique is laparoscopic or key-hole surgery. It is also known as minimal access surgery.
What are the common indications?
- Endometriosis (diagnosis and treatment)
- Ovarian cysts (cystectomy is often performed laparoscopically)
- Fibroids (myomectomy)
- Ectopic pregnancy (diagnosis and treatment)
- Hysterectomy (may be performed for heavy periods, fibroids or endometrial cancer)
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Laparoscopic Surgery - Emergency Laparoscopy For Ectopic Pregnancy.
- Laparoscopic Surgery For Complicated Hysterectomies
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy