Department of Orthopaedics
- Experience in Joint Replacements, Spine and Trauma Surgery since 2001.
- First open platform Navigation bought and introduced in AP and Telangana
- First in state to introduce Hoods during surgery to prevent surgeons breathing into the operating wound.
- Unique for using navigation continuously for over 1000 Joint Replacements till date since 2006.
- 3 to 4 inch incision.
- No drain, No blood loss technique since 2013 over 10000 cases.
- Computer Navigation Surgery.
- Trauma Surgery with minimal invasive, Biological Fixation methods and use of AO(SWISS) locking compression plates and techniques.
- Highest use of oral Factor XA inhibitor(RIVAROXIBAN) for DVT prophylaxis since 2013 after being involved in the RECORD study.
- Highest user of Aesculap Braun AS knee(Anti Allergy Knee) for patients with allergies.
- Highest number of Oxinium Knee Replacement club
- With over 8 Imported implants brands available, our vision is to give the best to our beloved patients and with our experience we have decided to use implants of Johnson & Johnson, Smith & Nephew & Stryker components and BP fix Rotating platform.
- Use of Terraparitride for Osteoporosis and bone healing.
- Especiaslly for Joint Replacement to control infection we have installed FIRST i-Suite Operation Theatre in the State.
- The i- Suite operating rooms are designed to create the optimal operating environmentfor the surgeon, staff and most importantly the patient.
- The ability to share expertise with seamless live audio visuaslconnectivity within hospital and to the outside world .
Joint Replacement Surgery
Total and partial knee and hip joint replacement surgeries are routinely performed at Srikara Hospitals, India. We have a team of experienced and expert surgeons with caring and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our surgeons have expertise in complex cases and revision (re-doing) of failed joint replacements. Our goal is to provide seamless, coordinated care to ensure that patients return to pursuing their favourite activities, as soon as possible. The Enhanced Recovery Program (ERP) comprises pre- and post- operative measures and is devised to provide maximum comfort and convenience to patients. It helps the patients to get back on their feet soon, resulting in reduced hospital stay and early return to home. The subspecialty Knee Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad and all other Srikara Hospitals across India includes the Enhanced Recovery Program.
Arthroscopy & Sports Injuries
Sports injuries to the hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist, foot and ankle are treated with both surgical and non-surgical methods. The team at the Institute of Orthopedics excels in arthroscopic surgery — an advanced surgical technique that allows orthopedic surgeons to see inside a joint, without having to surgically open it up. The diagnostic capability of arthroscopy is highly precise in diagnosing damage to the bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and muscles that make up a joint. Our experienced team of doctors uses the latest and most sophisticated arthroscopic equipment to ensure the best possible diagnosis and treatment. Most surgeries can be performed as day care surgeries, offering reduced costs and early return to functionality. The common conditions treated are meniscal tears, osteochondral defects and ligament injuries of the knee, concentrating on ACL reconstruction.
We provide complete care for adult patients and children for fractures, dislocations and multiple injuries, severe musculoskeletal injuries and related complications. A multidisciplinary team consisting of qualified emergency physicians, as well as general, vascular, plastic and neuro surgeons complement the trauma team to deliver excellent care.
We use the most advanced techniques in shoulder surgery. Our surgeons lead an unparalleled team of practitioners who combine clinical orthopedic surgery, rehabilitative sports medicine, physical and occupational therapy and basic scientific research to provide the most advanced treatment to patients with shoulder disorders. Our goal is to provide the highest quality care for those experiencing discomfort due to a traumatic injury or degenerative disorder to give them relief from pain and renewed full shoulder function and mobility. Procedures such as injections, manipulations and advanced arthroscopic surgeries for impingement, AC joint arthritis, labral tears, shoulder instability and rotator cuff problems are performed routinely.
Wrist & Hand Surgery
Our team of qualified surgeons provides treatment for complex and routine wrist and hand problems including hand and wrist fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis of the wrist and thumb joints, nerve injuries and tendon problems.
Orthopedic Problems in Children
Treating pediatric orthopedic problems requires both medical expertise and complete knowledge about children’s natural development. The Institute of Orthopedics understands this while treating a range of orthopedic problems in children, including fractures. Surgeries are performed for deformities like club feet. Hip and knee problems in children and adolescents are also managed.
Foot & Ankle Surgery
The foot and the ankle services adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to expertly treat a broad range of conditions that can occur at any stage of life — from newborns to teenage years and from active adults to senior citizens. Foot and ankle problems, such as bunions, hammertoes, digital neuromas, heel pain (plantar fascitis), tendonitis, diabetic feet, ankle arthritis, tendon dysfunction, acquired flat foot deformity, late effects of clubfoot and ankle joint replacement surgery.
The institute specializes in the treatment of long-term painful orthopedic conditions. The vision is to improve the quality of life by utilizing safe, effective and advanced treatment modalities for long-term alleviation of pain and suffering.
Supported by a well-equipped physiotherapy and rehabilitation unit, the Institute of Orthopedics provides excellent care on par with the best in the region. The monitored rehabilitation program ensures that the patients have successful outcomes after discharge.The Institute of Orthopedics offers a wide range of treatment for all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions in patients of all ages. The common conditions treated are: