On the edge of excellence in Spine surgery………….!
Spinal problems can be the most disabling musculoskeletal conditions, impairing quality of life significantly. The causes for these problems can be varied and the diverse possibilities being-
- Age-related degeneration in the spinal column leads to Disc prolapse, arthritis of the spine, Instability of the Spinal column, and deformity of the spinal column.
- Trauma or Injuries to the spinal column
- Tumors and Infection of Spinal column
- Deformities like Scoliosis, Kyphosis, and other congenital abnormalities of the spinal column.
- Inflammatory conditions of bone and joints like Rheumatoid arthritis and Ankylosing spondylitis affect the spinal column
Each of these problems has the potential to cause unrelenting pain, and weakness in limbs and sometimes pose a threat to life. Hence these complex problems require expert care from Spine Surgeons.
Spine surgeons are specialists who complete additional years of medical training after post-graduation, in treating these challenging problems of the spinal column. In the present era of sophisticated technological advancements in the medical field, patients must choose Spine surgeons who devote 100% of their practice to treating Spinal conditions. This means they will be more up-to-date on newer techniques and technologies.
For conditions and diseases affecting the spine, experts at the Srikara Spine Institute deliver leading-edge value-based care, ensuring the best chance of patient recovery. We offer state-of-the-art diagnostic studies, as well as medical, interventional, and surgical services for a wide range of Spine disorders.
Srikara hospital’s dedicated Spine unit offers state of art operating facilities that include-
- Suite operating theatres – Operating rooms are designed to create the optimal operating environment for the surgeon, staff, and patient as it makes a positive impact on efficiencies and ergonomics as well as enhanced patient care.
- OPMI VARIO 700 CARL ZIESS Operating microscope – We always strive to perform spine surgeries in a Minimal invasive way. Operating Microscope is the only tool to obtain good three-dimensional visualization of fine structures with simultaneous illumination and magnification of the operating field thus improving the safety of spine surgery manifolds.
- Spinal Cord Neuromonitoring system: Neuromonitoring is the most exciting innovation for spine surgery. Think of it, what surgeon would dare operate without blood gas monitoring? Or blood pressure monitoring? So why operate without nerve monitoring? It’s a significant technological advancement to safeguard spinal cord functions during critical spine surgeries like scoliosis and kyphosis corrections.
Spine Surgery is a highly skill-based specialty, with rapid advances and cutting-edge possibilities. Our team boasts of some of the unique surgical procedures that have brought accolades from colleagues across the country and abroad.
Wide range of Spinal conditions treated by are :
- Back pain, Neck pain, and Sciatica caused Degenerative Spinal Disorders
- Scoliosis (Curved back), Kyphosis(Hunch Back), and other Congenital Spine Deformities
- Complex Spinal Reconstruction for High-grade Spondylolisthesis.
- Traumatic Spine Fractures and Spinal cord injuries
- Infections of Spinal Column
- Failed back surgeries
- Primary and Metastatic Spine and Spinal Cord Tumors
- Elderly Patients with Spinal Problems.
- Occipito Cervical junction spinal disorders
- Vascular Spinal Disorders