Department of Urology
The Department of Urology at Srikara Hospitals comprises state-of-the-art technology and offers highly advanced and comprehensive solutions to complex surgical problems. The department is well equipped with the latest laser and endo-urology instruments to treat a wide variety of urological problems involving kidneys, urethra, urinary bladder, prostate, and adrenal gland. Minimally invasive surgical techniques are used optimally for faster recovery of patients with minimal scarring and pain.
What is Urology
Urology is a surgical specialty that deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Although urology is classified as a surgical specialty, a knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, and other specialties is required by the urologist because of the wide variety of clinical problems encountered.
ADVANTAGES OF LASER SURGERY IN UROLOGY
Kidney stones which were traditionally managed by open surgery or keyhole surgery (PCNL) can be safely and effectively managed by laser without any cuts on the body resulting in faster recovery of the patient and early return to work.
IS LASER SURGERY SAFE?
ABSOLUTELY – Because the surgery is performed through the natural path of urination, the procedure is stitchless, scarless, bloodless, and painless. Not only kidney stones but also, prostate gland problems (BPH) can be treated by laser in the safest possible way with minimum or no side effects
Services Under Urology at Srikara
- Kidney, Urinary Bladder Stones, Endourologic & Laser Treatment
- Cancers of Kidney, Urinary Bladder, Testis, Penis & Prostate
- Pediatric Stone Disease and Pediatric Urinary Problems
- Renal Transplantation
- Male Infertility and men’s sexual health ( Premature ejaculation, evaluation, and management of erectile dysfunction)
- Overactive Bladder, Urinary Infections, BPH & Urinary Incontinence (Urinary Leak) in Men & Women
- Neurourology (voiding and storage disorders and their urodynamic evaluation)