The Department of Dermatology provides best-in-class medical and surgical dermatological care. The specialty deals with all diseases related to skin, hair, nail, and mucous membranes.
Our clinical services include:
- General dermatology: Conditions of skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes
- Skin cancers: diagnosis and management of sun-damaged skin and skin cancers, especially skin cancers in immunosuppressed patients
- Phlebology, vascular dermatology, and vascular anomalies: skin manifestations of vascular disease, vascular birthmarks, and vasculitis
- HIV dermatology and infectious diseases: skin conditions associated with HIV, acne, rosacea, and other cutaneous infections
- Dermatology Oncology: skin conditions associated with cancer, chemotherapy, or radiotherapy.
To ensure the department offers the highest level of care for our patients, we engage in ongoing training and education. We formally train dermatology registrars and teach medical students, nursing, and other Allied Health staff.